Global Family Immigration

Global Family Immigration

Global Family Immigration

  • US Family-based Sponsorship:

US citizens may sponsor their spouses, parents, children and siblings. There are extremely long grueling queues if your child is over 21 years old or if they are married. Since 2013, same sex couples can also be united. In 2013, the US Supreme court ruled that the DOMA or Defence of Marriage Act was unconstitutional in United States v. Windsor on June 26, 2013.]

Green card Holders or Legal Permanent residents may sponsor their spouses and children. The waiting time is also very long and can take a few years today to be reunited.

The procedure requires marriage eligibility documentation; proof of intention to live in the US; and finally a visa interview in the US Consulate in Jerusalem.

The solution to the Long wait is:

  • K1 Fiance visa – approximately 5-6 months
  • Reentry travel permit ( I-765)- that will permit the Green card holder to stay outside the USA for up to  days, with his family until the permits are
  • UK Family based Sponsorship – Family Visa or a Settlement Visa

British citizens may sponsor their spouses, their common law partners with whom they can prove that they have lived with for over 2 years, their fiancé,(é) or child, parent or any other relative who’ll provide long-term care for them. See Specifically, the part of the Rules that applicants need to navigate are “Appendix FM” (FM stands for family members) and “Appendix FM SE” (specified evidence). The financial appendix is critical to your case – an applicant then has to look at Appendix FM-SE.

The procedure requires that the British citizen prove his financial stability is above a statutory level, that the foreigner has passed an approved English test and that their marriage is genuine. The grueling procedure can take several months and is very tough on the couple.  Just under 50% of spousal sponsorship applications are refused. Member of Parliament Olivia Chow calls this high refusal rate “cruel and arbitrary”

  • EEA Family Permit – or Residence cards

A European citizen or a Swiss national living in the UK today can sponsor his non European family members to join him or accompany him to the UK. Family members include – spouse, common law partner, children or ‘extended’ family members related to them such as their child or grandchild under 21 years old, or dependent child or grandchild of any age or dependent parent or dependent grandparent. The procedure is divided into two stages and is fairly fast.

BREXIT CHANGES – There will be no change to the rights and status of EU citizens living in the UK until 2021. You and your family can apply for ‘settled status’ to continue living in the UK after June 2021. The scheme will open fully by March 2019.

Leave a Reply

Close Menu
he_ILHebrew en_USEnglish