Official Foreign Accreditation for Professionals who wish to work in the United Kingdom

Are you a foreign qualified nurse, Doctor, lawyer, architect, pharmacist, dentist, a Vet, a teacher, a healthcare provider or any other professional that requires you to have a “UK Practicing certificate”?

If you are a licensed professional in your home country and wish to work in the UK, you will need to have your foreign professional qualification officially recognised before you can work in your profession. The UK requires professionals to be regulated and you will need to be recognised by the appropriate regulator for your profession. 

If you don’t know if you need to be regulated – you can check here at the attached list UK list of regulated professions .

Frequently asked Questions :

Where will you be working in the UK ? Some professions have separate regulators in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Make sure you contact the appropriate regulator for where you want to work.

Were you accredited in the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein? They are tested in a different accreditation procedure than other country professionals. 

Will I be working full time or part time? You’ll need to do this even if you’re providing temporary or occasional professional services.

Do I have to sit an exam? Some of the professional organisations will require you to have sat a UK regulated test. 

English Knowledge? What type of English test do I need to pass ? Some Regulators such as the GMC or the NMC require you to pass the  paper based and computer based IELTS Academic test (International English Language Test System)or the OET (Occupational English Test) Home Test.

What level of English do I need to have to pass the test? Each regulator has a different standard – but an example will be the NMC – they accept an IELTS Academic examination certificate that confirms you achieved:

  • an overall score of at least 7
  • at least 6.5 in the writing section and at least 7 in the reading, listening and speaking sections


They will accept an OET examination certificate that confirms you achieved:

  • at least a grade C+ in the writing section 
  • at least a grade B in the reading, listening and speaking sections.

SEND YOUR CV to [email protected] and write in Subject “Accreditation Eligibility” 

Are you ready to register with the correct regulator in the UK? Our highly skilled teams of academics shall take your hand through the process with you. 

At DRSI GLOBAL our team of academic experts will review your eligibility and assist you through the bureaucracy and the headache of the Registration process. 

SEND YOUR CV to [email protected] and write in SubjectAccreditation Eligibility”. 

We shall get back to you within 48 working hours with the process and a proposal how to proceed

© DRSI GLOBAL LAW – Rights Reserved to DRSI GLOBAL LAW. 

Leave a Reply